Well that didn't last long..... we went to the house last weekend and the NEW downstairs HVAC unit wasn't working properly, and of course it was 400° outside (that may be a slight exaggeration)... but we needed to work on the house, so we just suffered through it. I walked through the house to see what had been worked on for the week by the contractor, and he's moving right a long. He took the gutters down; which is awesome! Normally, I wouldn't think so since I don't like water pouring on my head as I go into the house when it's raining (like it was Saturday), but in this case, it's a good thing. The gutters were growing trees and were so damaged and clogged up that removing them was a necessity. The clogged gutters were causing water to go down the side of the house, and we believe is the source of a lot of the moisture in the basement. The contractor took down a few of the shutters, as well. He's also framed the door to the bathroom and laundry room, so they're not just gaping holes now. Hopefully this week, they'll be putting up walls!
 |
| Gutters removed |
 |
| With and without shutters |
 |
| Scraped door frame |

So we continued our task of scraping and sanding the walls. Fred and his dad finished the kitchen and back stairwell, so once the walls are repaired, we can go ahead and prime them. While they worked on the kitchen, I started on the trim in the living room. There's a lot of trim in there! In two days, I completed 1 and a half walls. The large door frame really took it's toll on me as I had to scrape all the paint off and then sand. There are three layers of paint... two tones of blue and the top layer of green. The frame has a lot of detail work that I had to carefully scrape and sand each section. Unfortunately, all the door frames have that detail work and I've only completed 3. :-( Before we called it a weekend, I did manage to get to one of the built-in bookcases.
 |
| Notice anything missing? The antenna is gone! |
We have 10 windows scraped... only 20 more to go!
Our big accomplishment last week was meeting with the kitchen designer. We tweaked the design a bit, and picked out the color of the cabinets, granite, and tiles. Once we have everything ordered, I'll post the pictures of the design.... I don't want to jinx it.
No comments:
Post a Comment