 |
| Master |
We've been busy painting the last couple of weekends. Now, every room has color!
Here's the breakdown of colors:
Master- Labradorite
Guest room- Privilege Green ( or supposed to be- I'll explain further down)
Upstairs bath- Beeswax & white
Small guest room, office, halls, stairwells, kitchen- Canoe
Dining room- Showstopper red (or supposed to be)
Downstairs bath- White
Living room- Pewter Tankard
 |
| Dining room |
Last weekend we really went crazy painting and put color on the walls in most of the rooms. Fred went and picked up the red. They didn't carry that color in the line we had been getting (We're using the Harmony from Sherwin Williams (low voc)). They only had it in the Duration, so we got it in that. It claims to be low voc, but it's not! It smells like feet! I put on the first coat which was extra bright and hurt my eyes. That and the smell gave me a massive migraine. I told Fred he could put on the rest of the coats. It was supposed to get darker the more coats we put on, but it's still bright red. I'm kinda of irritated about the fact that it's not the color we chose. I know that the swatches are typically a bit different from the actual color, but this is way off. Like fire engine red vs brick red off. Fred loves the color though. It may grow on me, or I may not ever be able to go in the dining room without sunglasses.
 |
| Up the main stairs |
 |
| Guest room |
My other issue is with the guest room. I put the second coat on Saturday. It was late in the evening so it was kind of hard to see if there were any lines. The overhead lights are not very bright. So Sunday, I checked on it only to find that halfway on the wall, the color changed! It was where I had opened a new bucket of paint. They're supposed to be the same color, but they're not. The second bucket is an entire shade LIGHTER. So we had to repaint to that line and completely cut everything in again, to get the room the same shade. Grrrrrr. I'm thinking we're going to have a talk with the paint guy.
 |
| Office |
 |
| Small guest room |
The rest of the painting went well throughout the house. All of the rooms have had two (or in the case of the dining room- four) coats of paint. All that's left is edging to the ceilings and around the trim with the color. A few rooms have that done. I've been working on painting the trim. I still have one room left to paint the trim and then all the baseboards. There are a few missed places that need to be completed and then the stair spindles. Those, I imagine, will take me a day to do. I'd say we're getting pretty close to finishing the painting. Then, we get to scrub the house, clean the floors and somehow protect them.
Anyone know about old hardwood floors? We're pretty sure they're too old for the poly trend. We think they're waxed, but aren't sure. We've been trying to research the best way to clean and protect them, but it's hard to decipher through all the opinions online.
It's looking good! Love, love, love the red door! :)
ReplyDelete